Ice Breaker
Ice only affects your brain and mind while you are intoxicated
Take the full quiz

When and where do I get help?

A number of services throughout Australia can provide information, support and treatment options for people who are experiencing problems with ice and other drugs. Although it can be difficult to seek help, in most cases the sooner you reach out for support, the better.

Your local doctor can be a good starting point – they can discuss your concerns with you and provide referrals to other services that you might need. For free and confidential advice about alcohol and other drugs, you can also call the National Alcohol and Other Drug Hotline on 1800 250 015.

Key support services in Australia

A variety of free and confidential telephone and online support services are available for people experiencing problems with crystal ('ice'), as well as their family and friends.

  • National Alcohol and Other Drug Support Services

    Confidential advice about drugs. Get Help Now. Call 1800 250 015


    For free and confidential advice about alcohol and other drugs, call the National Alcohol and Other Drug Hotline on 1800 250 015. It will automatically direct you to the Alcohol and Drug Information Service in your state or territory. These local alcohol and other drug telephone services offer support, information, counselling and referral to services.

    Ph: 1800 250 015

    Lifeline logo


    Crisis telephone support. Open 24 hours. Also provides one-on-one online chat support.

    Counselling Online logo


    Free and confidential counselling for people using drugs, their families and friends.


  • State and Territory Telephone Services

    Free telephone services are available in all Australian states and territories for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s use of alcohol or other drugs (such as ice). These services provide free, confidential and non-judgemental telephone counselling, information and referrals to services.

    There are also free telephone services in some Australian states and territories that provide information and referrals specifically for ice use.

    All services listed are available to callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except ADIS SA which is available 8.30 am - 10 pm, 7 days a week).

    Click on your state or territory in the map shown below to find out what options are available in your area.

  • LGBTIQ+ Support Services

    Touchbase Logo


    Provides information about health and well-being, including information on drug use, for LGBTIQ+ Australians.


    QLife Logo


    QLife provides peer support and referral services for people wanting to talk about a range of issues including sexuality, identity, gender and relationships.

    Ph: 1800 184 527 | Web:

    Touchbase Logo


    M3THOD is a free and confidential service that provides support for people who combine sex with drugs like crystal and GHB. 

    If you are looking for a space to chat to someone who understands the scene from personal lived experience, M3THOD is for you. The service is led by trained and non-judgemental peers who will help you explore your personal experience and options for reducing harms.

    You can book an in-person appointment if you’re based in Sydney NSW or an online appointment if you’re based elsewhere in Australia.

    Book a M3THOD appointment online or in-person:

    Location: a[TEST] clinic, 167 Oxford St, Darlinghurst, 2010 10:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday.


  • Find a Psychologist

    APS Logo

    The Australian Psychological Society's "Find a Psychologist" tool allows people to search for a psychologist in their area, create a shortlist, and have the chosen psychologist contact them. 


Support Services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples

Page last reviewed: Tuesday, 12 September 2023